- Category: Nursery (Pups)
- Created on Monday, 19 March 2012 18:43
Here is a list of things that you will probably need for your new Labrador puppy.
- A crate
- Stainless steel water & food bowls. (These cannot be chewed)
- A light, thin, nylon lead and collar suitable for a puppy.
- Kongs, tennis balls etc., Whatever toys you buy, make sure they are fun, safe, durable and washable. You will need to teach your puppy that its toys are the best things to chew on, not the sofa or your furniture!
- Food. Select a high quality food, your breeder may have given you a few weeks supply so that you can continue it's normal feed, gradually changing to your chosen food if applicable.
- Bedding. The choice is up to you, but remember it may well end up being chewed.
- An I.D tag. (Micro-chipping is also a very good idea- speak to your vet about this)
- A good quality brush to groom your puppy.
- Poop Scooper and bags
- Some new towels as your old ones will be used for drying / cleaning your new pup :)
- Toothbrush (good to start this really early so he accepts it as normal)
- Baby Wipes - Usefull for cleaning all over your new puppy
- Big supply of Kitchen Roll - Handy for wiping floor from waterworks problems, mopping up drinking water, wiping muzzles etc
- You can now buy absorbent pads from most large pet stores, to absorb the odd little toilet accident your puppy may have.
- A camera - to take lots of pictures